Today, my second grader doesn't have the privelege of hearing his teacher read him stories from the Bible. Things are different now with the separation of church and state. I'm not turning this blog into a debate, just observing how times have changed since I was a second grader in 1980. I am grateful that Cole's teacher, Laine Godwin is such a wonderful Christian example! She might not be able to read him a story about Joseph and his coat of many colors, but she teaches her students the difference between right and wrong, and she shows her love for Christ to them through her actions. She may not have permission to talk about God at school, but she does show His love to them everyday, and that's what matters. Thank you, Mrs. Godwin. I'm doubly lucky to have Mrs. Farned as Mary Conlee's teacher, too. She is a shining example in her students' lives as well!
We participated in SYATP this morning at Parkway. It is a great way for students, parents, and teachers to proclaim their love for Christ at their school. It took place out front by the flag pole. Several students read and recited Bible verses. Coach Newsome played the guitar and led our praise songs. We had a teacher and a parent pray for our kids, our school, and our nation. What a great way to start the day. No matter where we are in school or what year it might be, it's great to see that God is still in our schools. He will never leave them!

3 comments:
Wow! That is a great way to start the day. :)
Martha Ann... This is so sweet. I always pray that God will use me as a good, Christian example for my students. I would absolutely love to read them Bible stories. It is such a sad situation that God's name should only be spoken during the pledge. I really appreciate your kind words. They are encouraging and uplifting. I truly hope that I am a shining light for God to my students. I love them and want to not only teach academics, but strong character and morals. Thanks again! This blessed my heart and brought tears to my eyes.
My, what a great blog you have! You will have to teach me how to put music on mine. And this post is so beautiful. Your children are truly blessed to have these teachers. We are experiencing something similar at Church Street and it does a mama's heart good.
Post a Comment