Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's Raining...It's Pouring!


John Aaron (the head), Mary Alice, and Cole

Today, it rained in Tupelo...I mean, it REALLY came down. As I was headed to pick Cole and Mary Conlee up from school, I saw water gushing out of the ground. It was virtually a geyser in our backyard. Judd said not to worry--it was an outlet from several of the gutters. Our neighborhood is bad to flood at the entrance, so I had to literally swim out onto the streets. By the time I picked them up and dropped MC off at ballet, the rain had stopped and the skies were blue. As Cole and I were on our way back home, several neighborhood kids were swimming in these puddles. It looked like too much fun. I asked Cole if he would like to join in. He said, "This isn't something you see everyday." So I threw him out the back door of the car and let him have at it. He loved the makeshift swimming hole they had! After a little while, he informed me that he was cold and ready to come home. Even in our ever busy world full of activities and responsibilities, I'm glad there are moments where he can still be a kid. I think I would love to jump in, too. Do you think anyone is watching?

2 comments:

ginny said...

Martha Ann, you should have joined the other kids in the swimmin' hole!

Heather said...

I've never seen your kids dirty! :) Looks like fun!!!