Today, Ron invited us to meet him at the Tupelo Regional Airport to take a closer look at his copter. We had to get security clearance, but I don't think we appeared too suspicious. Before walking to the air strip where the helicopters were stationed, we visited the hanger where several military helicopters are kept. The Apache helicopters are housed in Tupelo and Cole had a chance to get inside one of those. The Black Hawks, however, are kept in Jackson. So this was a real treat for us! As it turned out, one of the Apache pilots is a distant cousin of Judd's. What a small world.
Named for us??
One of the many military helicopters
Hanging out in the hanger
Walking to the Black Hawk
Cole tries on Mr. Ron's vest
Too heavy for Mary Conlee
The cargo seats in the Black Hawk
A view of the cockpit
"What happens if I pull this?" Judd asks.
MC's turn as pilot
The Wilson co-pilots. Wouldn't it be nice to have one in the family?
The Apache
Getting a big lift onto the Apache
Daddy's cousin, Joseph Weeks, shows Cole how to steer the Apache
I could get used to this!
I know what I want for Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment