Saturday, August 1, 2009

Monster Idol

Both Cole and Mary Conlee participated in the Tupelo Community Theater's Summer Youth Camp. This was Mary Conlee's first time to attend. Cole was an old pro, this being his third. This year's theme was "Halloween in July." This was music to Cole's ears--Halloween is his favorite holiday! They came home each day with stories of Antoine, the resident ghost at the theater. They also made cool crafts, as well as learned many new songs and smooth dance moves. Mary Conlee was especially excited to have her good buddy, Katelyn, in the vampire group with both she and Cole. They performed their production of Monster Idol on Friday for family and friends. My kids have a new found love for the Addams Family...oh, the nostalgia! We can't wait for camp next year!

When I asked Mary Conlee if she wanted to be in a play sometime with her Daddy, her response was, "I don't think I can learn all those things in 5 days." I had to explain to her that rehearsals for a "big people play" is much longer than 5 days...more like 6 weeks. She thought about it for a minute and said, "I think would like to do the 'big people camp' sometime."

 
The Werewolves, Vampires, and Mummies competing in Monster Idol

 
Mary Conlee snapping to The Addams Family

 
MC and Katelyn performing their lines


MC and Katelyn's acting debuts!


"My Pet Monster"

 
Cole loved the "I Want Candy" song

 
MC getting her groove on


I Want Candy

 
Mary Conlee and Katelyn had a blast at camp!

 
It's great when they can do things like this together!

 
Paying tribute to one of Daddy's plays, Godspell

No comments: