Friday, July 11, 2008

Brody





In an earlier blog, I mentioned the loss of our cat, Gilbert. Eventhough it has been several weeks, the kids still get upset about it. Even this week during camp, Mary Conlee was creating her "Me Book" and there was a special page for pets. She said she didn't know what to put on that page since Gilbert had died. She called up her Daddy in Tupelo and cried. I think that is all it took for him to decide it was time to get a new one. So, waiting on us as we drove in from Birmingham was Judd. He was holding the most adorable (if I must say so) junior version of a Gilbert I have ever seen! When deciding on the perfect name, Cole shouted out "Brody." It was the first name we all liked, so it stuck. We have been used to a fat cat for so long, so it was weird seeing one so small. He is a friendly kitten and loves to cuddle! He seems to be getting used to his new home. C and MC have been searching through their rooms to find the perfect cat toys to give him. I feel as though we have a new baby in the house! After I put the kids to bed, I looked for Brody and found him in the laundry room--eating out of Gilbert's cat bowl. We have come full circle! The new cat will never replace Gilbert, but he will create a new place in our hearts!

3 comments:

Heather said...

hey pal-brody is too cute. he looks like my kitty, mirenda, i had as a kid. the camps look totally cool! we're off to hotlanta tomorrow. i think monday may be aquarium/coke day. thanks for the tips!

Mary Margaret said...

I will have to check out the new cat. Glad yall are back from Birmingham.
Mary Margaret

Cheryl said...

I see you have changed your blog background. I like it. Have a good week. CheChe