Today has been a big day for Judd and the kids. This morning, Judd took Cole to Veteran's Park for a Boy Scouts outing. Cole and his buddy, Woody, had fun climbing in a firetruck, walking thru an ambulance, and sitting in a Humvee. Cole loved operating the lights, siren, and speaker on the police car. They also got to sit in an Apache helicopter. Judd sent me photos showing Cole in handcuffs and said it was because he tried to fly the helicopter without a license. Really cute, Dad! As much fun as Cole and his fellow Wolf Cubs had, his favorite outing of the day was going to Gardner-Watson Ice House with Woody and his dad. They got to watch how ice was made and how they bagged it. I think he has decided that would be the "coolest" job in the world! This afternoon, Judd and Mary Conlee left for Tuscaloosa and the Bama game. Surprisingly, she enjoys the games more than Cole does. He says he gets bored watching football. MC loves watching the cheerleaders, the fans, and doing "the wave." But most importantly, Mary Conlee LOVES to watch Big Al, the mascot. He is an adorable elephant who does funny tricks, rides around in a little car, and terrorizes the other team! I remember the days of going with my Daddy to the football games and while a huge play was taking place on the field, I was looking through my binoculars searching for Big Al. I used to wonder if I were a waste of a good ticket, but now after watching MC enjoying the very same things I did as a little girl, I realize it's so worthwhile! Before they left, Judd asked if I was going to blog about him taking care of these kids all day! Considering he only had one kid at a time while I entertained the other one, I will still give him a little credit! Thanks for a fun day, Dad...and Roll Tide!


2 comments:
Sounds like a fun day!!!
Okay,I hope that picture is only one we ever see of Cole in hand cuffs!!!! Weird. Love MC the cheerleader!
Post a Comment