When we arrived at the race on Saturday morning, Cole and his dad were both a little anxious. They used graphite to lube the wheels and make it run faster. You would have thought that this car should have been under lock in key. Cole signed in and they checked the weight of his car- 4.7 oz. They also placed it in a box to make sure it didn't exceed the required dimensions. Once the car was found to be within regulation, it goes to a holding area until the race. The scouts are quite serious about this! The tiger cubs were the first to race their cars. Everything was done on computer. It is designed much like a sports bracket where the cars compete and then the winners compete. There is a winning and losing heat, which means you have to lose twice to be eliminated from the race. When it came time for the wolf cubs to race, I could see the excitement on Cole's face. He just knew that his car was going to be the fastest one there! To win each heat, you must win 2 out of 3 runs. To be eliminated, you must have lost 2 different races. Cole's car was successful in each race and was guaranteed a spot in the finals, racing in the winner's heat. However, when he raced for the 1st and 2nd position, he was a half a car length behind the other car. He won 2nd place in the Wolf Cub division. However, a trophy and medal were all that mattered to my boys. I can't wait until next year!
Signing in, weighing in, and measuring up!
The car on the left is ours!
2nd place winner
The racing crew

5 comments:
Congratulations Cole and Judd! I remember when my daddy had to build my brother's car. I think we still have that car somewhere. My daddy just could not give it up! Daddy even built a box (with a lock!) for it. I am really proud of y'all!!
Aunt Jen
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Cole and Judd did a great job.
Congratulations! Cole looks so excited!!
Is this what Mary Conlee prayed for in Sunday School 2 weeks ago? :) I remember her saying something about a car race.
Congratulations to Cole! I remember when my dad helped my little brother with his Pinewood Derby cars. Scouting is such a great program!
Post a Comment