Saturday, June 27, 2009

Princess at the Masquerade Ball

A look back...

2005


2006


2007


2008


2009


One of Mary Conlee's favorite events EVER is the Father Daughter Ball. When we drive by the Furniture Market #5 building on Coley Road, she points it out and says, "There's the Father Daughter Ball." She's right...it is there--once a year! Horse and carriage rides, pictures, dancing, walking on the cat walk, eating fancy food, and getting autographs have always been fun for Mary Conlee. But having her Daddy all to herself is definitely the best part of the evening!

This was Judd's fifth time to escort his little "belle of the ball." I have determined that he loves going just as much as she does. This was also Mary Conlee's first year to wear a ball gown rather than a church dress. It was special for her to wear the tiara that I brought back to her from the Tower of London. In keeping with this year's Masqerade Ball theme, MC came home with Mardi Gras masks and beads and even a fuzzy teddy bear! Last year, she danced so much she broke her add-a-pearl necklace. Cole and I found all the pieces long after the ball was over. I'm pleased to report that everything was in tact when her Daddy brought her home at the stroke of 9:00 p.m.! Thanks, Judd, for all the pictures and videos, as well as texts you sent to make me feel a part of the ball, too!


Mary Conlee and Daddy

 
Our little princess

 
On the way to the Ball

 
First stop...horse and carriage ride!

 
Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother

 
MC loves M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

 
Brushing up with Barbie!

 
Both Belles of the Ball!

 
Mmm...party mints

 
Dancing with my Prince Charming

 
So tired in the car

 
What a perfect ending to the night...wearing the Father Daughter Ball t-shirt to bed!


Strutting her stuff!


Hoedown Throwdown


A little bit more!

2 comments:

Miss Tina said...

Oh, Mary Conlee your were beautiful! I know that was a special night for you and your daddy.

Martha Ann said...

Hey Miss Tina, I had fun with my Daddy at the ball. Next year, Maria and Natalie need to go with Mr. Lynn! Love, Mary Conlee