Enjoying the COLD water
MC preferred showing off her swimsuit to swimming
On Memorial Day, the kids and I left Tupelo with baggage in tow. I was leaving for my 12-day trip to Europe the following day and the kids were staying in Birmingham with Bubbe and Pop for a few days. They took turns going to work with Bubbe and loved getting to help her take care of her patients. Pop took each one to Wal Mart and let Cole go with him to the dentist. While in Birmingham, Mary Conlee lost a tooth and was thrilled that the Tooth Fairy came all the way from Mushroom, Alabama. Judd drove over on Thursday and took them to Pensacola for the long weekend. They enjoyed the beach and playtime with their cousins. Mary Conlee lost another tooth the first night in Pensacola. That time, the Tooth Fairy came from Mushroom, Florida. MC is convinced that the Tooth Fairy goes from mushroom to mushroom delivering money and retrieving teeth. I'm glad the Tooth Fairy didn't take a vacation while Mom was in Europe!

Hmmm...this is what the Tooth Fairy's handwriting looked like when I was little

Mary Conlee's letter to the Tooth Fairy

Should we compare handwriting from one night to the next? Let's not!
On Sunday, Mama Charlie followed Judd and the kids back to Tupelo. She took them to and from VBS each day. She had homecooked meals for them each night and even put away food in the freezer for us. Thanks, Mama Charlie! The kids loved their time with her. She went back to Pensacola midweek and left them in good hands with their Daddy. So for two days and nights, they "batched" it all alone! Judd tells me there were a few tears and meltdowns along the way, but for the most part, they did well. There is no way I could have gone on my trip nor enjoyed being away without my awesome family! On Thursday night, Cole tested for his green belt and passed. What a relief!
Mr. McMichael presenting Cole with his newest belt
Cole and Woody- Tae kwon do warriors!
On Saturday, Judd and the kids met Crab and me at the Birmingham airport. I don't think I could have waited the 2 1/2 hour drive to Tupelo to see them! We talked and caught up on the way home. It was good to be back at home. MC's smile looked like such a big girl and Cole appeared to have grown a foot. I am not leaving them for that long ever again. They made me promise and I was glad to accept. At least not until the next international trip...
My sweet babies at the airport
On Sunday night, I enjoyed hearing the kids sing their VBS songs. Their favorite part of the week was singing with Mr. Doug!
Cole enjoyed Mr. Doug's dance moves!
MC sings her heart out!
The Calvary VBS singers
We are in the swing of things at the lake now. The sun is hot and the water is perfect. We have enjoyed riding Big Mable, the kneeboard, and the kids have attempted to learn how to ski. Of course, swimming is always our absolute favorite thing to do! We look forward to a summer full of fun!
Lovin' the lake
Ready...get set...
...jump!
Coming up for air
Our Captain
Hold on!!
Jumping off!
A wild ride

1 comment:
lookin' like a fun summer!!!
mary conlee is keeping the tooth fairy busy this summer.
Post a Comment