I knew this day was coming, but I was trying hard to block it out. Cole and his dad came home from karate on Monday with a big bag full of sparring gear. Yes that's right...my child is learning how to spar. The dictionary defines sparring as "making the motions of attack and defense with the fists and arms." Great- just what a mom wants to hear! We are teaching him to fight. Not really, only to defend himself if needed. He was so excited to show me all the equipment he will be wearing. Helmet, elbow pads, shin guards, protective shoes, sparring gloves, and a mouthpiece. As if someone might throw a punch near my baby's mouth and knock out some teeth? Today was his first day to practice unpacking, wearing, and repacking his gear. He asked me to use the egg timer and set it for 2 minutes. He was slightly over, but will work to lower his time! I even had to mold his mouthpiece by dropping it in boiling water for 7 seconds before putting it into his mouth to form. I just hope that it's for looks and not for necessity!
In case you are wondering if we have forgotten little sister, have no fear! Mary Conlee is counting the days (2) until her starring role in the kindergarten play, "Circus, Circus." She is so excited about singing and speaking in front of an audience. I guess performing for her family isn't as exciting as that!
Another bow-tie wearing Wilson
Sing and make a joyful noise unto the Lord!
Cole is equally as proud of his bag. Can I monogram it??!!
Getting ready to spar
Put up your dukes!
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."- Muhammad Ali
Let them see You, Lord Jesus, living in me!
I will go!

1 comment:
OK, maybe I don't want Walker taking karate!!! It is looking a little too physical!
Post a Comment