Once we were back from our weekend trip to Nashville, we just hung out at the house for a few days. Sleeping late has never felt so good! Several weeks ago, Cole was complaining about something and said that when he was a "grown up," he would let his kids stay up all night and do whatever they wanted. So we made a pact with them. We told them that we would let them be in charge for a day. This meant doing what they wanted to do...when they wanted to (within reason, of course). Staying up late, playing as much Wii as they wanted, and watching TV all day was part of their plan. However, I reminded them that along with the privelege of being an adult, you also had responsibilities. So they made our breakfast, fed the cat, washed some laundry, and folded clothes. They were in charge of our picnic lunch at Ballard Park, and chose where to eat for dinner--CiCi's, of course! We went to Walmart and each child purchased a toy with money from their wallets. Cole said the best part was getting to stay up "all" night long! MC made it to 9:30 before falling asleep. We finally made Cole get in bed at 10:00. He would have stayed up until midnight, I'm quite certain! They loved being in charge for the day, but it made them realize that they are in no hurry to grow up!
Thank goodness MC loves to cook!! We had biscuits for breakfast.

We even fixed Brody's breakfast!

Free time--notice MC on the cell phone!
Our idea of a picnic lunch...catered by Mickey D's!
We have our ducks in a row!
The ducks just weren't very hungry this week!
Please don't eat my hand!
Eat the bread, duckies. Don't make me come in there after you!
Oh well, I guess I'll just eat the bread instead.
After all that hard work, we needed a break!
I didn't realize "grown ups" lose their teeth. However, MC did that day!
Playing with my big Walmart purchase. Her hair turns from pink to blue!
I'm all into Bionicles these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment