An old tyme Coke machine from MY generation!
Trying the good stuff
Bibo is the best!
Poster children for Coca Cola!
After we left the Bama game, we traveled to Atlanta for the remainder of the weekend. We didn't arrive to our hotel until Saturday night. The kids absolutely love staying in a hotel! They think it is the coolest place to stay, and it reminds them of their favorite tv stars- Zach and Cody on Suite Life! As soon as Cole walked in to our room, he ran to the couch and put up his feet. MC tattled on him for putting his feet on the coffee table until she decided it was a good plan for her as well! This was our third time to stay at the Embassy Suites. It is located at Centennial Park (place of the Olympic bombing in 1996) and it is right across from the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coke Museum. The past two spring breaks have been spent in this very spot. We always enjoy coming back!
The reason for the weekend trip was to see the Broadway musical Wicked. Cole spent a week this summer at TCT youth camp learning music from The Wizard of Oz, Wicked, and The Wiz. We all loved it and have been listening to the soundtrack of Wicked ever since. We bought our tickets as soon as we learned it was coming to Atlanta!
After our most recent trip to Atlanta, the kids have been talking about the fun they had at the World of Coke museum. So we surprised them this morning by going again. The kids loved seeing how they make, bottle, and distribute Coca Cola. They enjoyed the 4-D movie of the secret ingredient in Coke, and their most favorite part- the tasting room! I never realized how many beverages all over the world that are made by Coca Cola and we have never heard of most of them. Our favorite was Bibo- from Africa. MC loves the pineapple variety, while Cole's favorite is the Kiwi-Apple. After lots of sips (and burps), we headed back to the hotel to pack.
It was a short drive to the Fox Theatre. What a beautiful place! While waiting for the musical to begin, we enjoyed a concert by the infamous Mighty Mo, Fox Theatre's pipe organ. I called Momma to let her hear it's beauty and tell her it reminded me of the Wurlitzer at the old Alabama Theatre in downtown Birmingham. It brought back great memories of mine and hers!
All I can say about the production is WOW!!!! It was everything I had hoped for...and more! I had already fallen in love with the music and thought I knew most of the story. I was wrong! There were so many surprises and things I could never have imagined. I laughed and I cried. At one point I looked over at Judd to see tears rolling down his cheeks, too. He didn't even try to pretend that he had "something in his eye" like he usually does when we see a tear jerker! I will never be able to watch the original Wizard of Oz the same way again. I have been changed "For Good!" I can't wait to see it again when it comes to Birmingham!
On our way to Wicked

Fox Theatre

3 comments:
wow!! that looks like a fun weekend. so glad you guys enjoyed it. i love mary conlee's dress.
Hey, I heard Wicked's coming to Memphis, too. Glad y'all had fun!
What a great weekend! Ya'll packed it all in!!
Post a Comment