Saturday, May 16, 2009

Little Ballerina

Today is Mary Conlee's 3rd ballet recital. She absolutely loves being a ballerina. She goes around the house singing and dancing... she must have gotten this from her Daddy! The first year, Mary Conlee was a little clown. And last year, she was a fairy--complete with magic wand. This year, the little ballerinas are different Disney princesses. MC's class is Ariel, the Little Mermaid. She loves dancing to Under the Sea! I didn't realize how much she had grown until I went back and looked at all her pictures. The biggest change? All her missing teeth! Mary Conlee lost her first tooth at Baskin-Robbins after the ballet recital last year. Since then, she has lost 6 teeth, and 5 BIG teeth are making their way in. Her smile looks so different! Our little ballerina is growing up!

2007 Ballet pictures

Practicing her poses
 

Mary Conlee LOVES to get flowers
 

Daddy's Girl
 

Being a ballerina is so much fun
 

The 3 year old class
 

Bright lights, big stage!
 

2008 Memories

Little Fairy
 

Bubbe and Mary Conlee before the recital
 

The Woodland Fairies
 

My favorite picture!
 

Dress Rehearsall 2009

Our little Ariel
 

Mary Conlee and Kate
 

Rehearsing on the stage
 

Posing at the Civic Auditorium
 

Daddy loves his ballerina
 

4 comments:

Heather said...

Mary Conlee,
You did a great job today!! Your costume was pretty too. I love Ariel.

Tina said...

Cherish these moments. Before you know it, 15 recitals will have passed and you will be attending her graduation from high school. Thank you for coming to support Maria tonight at her senior recital!

Robyn said...

Mary Conlee is just precious! Our computer has been broken and I have caught up with your family this morning. Love your blog - it makes me feel connected to y'all still!

Mary Margaret said...

Too cute!! I can't believe how much she has changed over the past years. I know that she was a beautiful ballerina!!