Field Day and First Grade Day in the Park were great ways to end a wonderful school year at Parkway! MC has loved every minute of being a first grader, especially being a student in Mrs. Marlin's class. She brought home a "My First Grade Year" book that was so cute! "When I grow up, I want to be a veterinarian. I will go to college at Samford. Then I will get a husband and 2 kids. I will go to eat with him and my kids. I will take care of the girl and my husband will take care of my boy." Where in the world does she come up with this stuff?! HA!! Another sweet memory in the book lists each of the classmates and a statement representative of each child. MC said that the kids created the list together. Some were listed as "very smart," "a good dresser," "funny," and even "cool!" But the statement that best describes our child--"Mary Conlee likes Mrs. Marlin." That just about sums up her first grade year! She certainly has loved school and has grown up so much this year. She has been blessed with such a great group of friends, too. Mary Conlee is looking forward to 2nd grade AND seeing Mrs. Marlin in the hall everyday. What a life!
On the first day...
...and the last
No comments:
Post a Comment