I'm convinced that the Daddies have as much fun as their daughters. Each year, Judd buys her a $5 box for a chance to win $100. All the the little girls open them at the same time to see who receives the grand prize. Eventhough MC ends up with Mardi Gras beads each time, she loves the thrill and suspense of "the little white box."
Watching Mary Conlee receive her corsage from Daddy and climb into the back of his car brought tears to my eyes. It took me to another place...her wedding day. I can only imagine what my parents felt like on June 8, 1996, when their only child climbed into the back of that limousine and rode off into the sunset with "that Wilson boy." Probably something like, "I can't believe our little girl is gone." I am glad I have many years before experiencing this same emotion...but our Uptown Girl is growing up and won't be little forever.

Mary Conlee was so excited to get her corsage

Thanks to Liz Rose at Fairybell Flowers...pink and dainty
Father Daughter Ball 2010
Mary Conlee and her favorite date--her Daddy
On their way...

...to the ball!
Dorothy and Toto are always a favorite!
The night wouldn't be complete without a hug from Cinderella's Fairy Godmother
Carriage meant for a Princess
The Calvary Crew poses for a sweet picture
Enough of that...let's be silly!
See...Baptists DO dance!
Doing the Cha Cha Slide
Some of MC's best dance moves
Hey--Macarena!
Billie Jean and Michael Jackson...a family favorite!
Cha Cha Slide

No comments:
Post a Comment