Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Most Magical Place on Earth







We just returned from a wonderful 6 day trip to Walt Disney World. The kids (along with their parents) had fun in the most magical place on earth! Mary Conlee kept saying that a million wishes have come true! At least 4 of them did this past week. I had every intention of blogging from the road, but at the last minute, I decided it might not be the smartest thing to do to alert the masses that our house was empty for a week! So, I have been waiting all week to come add our pictures and stories from the trip.

This was our second time to go to Disney World. We went two years ago when Cole was in Kindergarten and MC was in preschool. As much as I felt bad taking my 2nd grader and Kindergartner out of school, I am certainly glad we had this time together! We crammed in all our homework before we left and studied spelling words on the plane. MC even wrote all her sight words! We love this time of year at Disney because of the "cooler" weather, short lines, and slim crowds. Judd kept saying this was all due to the economy. If I heard him say that once, I heard him say that a million times!

I am going to blog about each day of our trip, just like I wanted to do on location! From dining with the characters, watching shows, riding the rides, and chasing down autographs...fun was had by all. There was even a celebrity sighting on the last day in the parks!

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

How fun! I can't wait to see pictures and read about your trip. I agree--it's the most magical place on earth!

Mary Margaret said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip! So glad you had fun.

Wampler World said...

I really enjoyed your stories about the trip. I have to say, as a girl with a TV background, seeing Matt Lauer would have ranked high on my list! So glad ya'll had fun!