Tonight amidst the rain and cool weather, Cole received his yellow belt rank (the sun) in Tae kwon do. We gathered at a pavilion at Ballard Park. The weather may have been gloomy, but the faces on these kids were far from sad! This was Cole's first belt ceremony and he was so proud. Judd even commented, "We did it. We got our belt!" This is the truth. Cole and Judd work on their moves together and Judd has been instrumental in getting him there- dressed in his appropriate uniform. I can never get the belt to stay the right way when I attempt it! This has been such a great bonding experience for the Wilson boys! Judd is convinced he could protect himself in any dangerous situation- all learned from simply being a spectator! Cole decided to try tae kwon do instead of soccer or baseball. He participated in both, but never loved either one. This has simply become his passion. He loves going to class as many times as we let him go each week. His instructor, Noel McMichael is such a positive role model for the students. Tonight as we began the ceremony, he led us in prayer. Not only is he teaching the kids to defend themselves, but he is also teaching them about discipline of the mind, while instilling core values into each class. Cole and his pal, Woody, have enjoyed doing this together. And it's not just a sport for boys, as seen by Caroline and Sydney! I hope these friends will continue on their journey to black belt together!
Cole receiving his belt and certificate from Mr. McMichael

The Parkway Gang- Woody, Cole, Sydney, and Caroline

The newest Dan-Guns (yellow belt)
7 comments:
Proud of Cole!! I'm glad that he loves it.
MA-Another great work on your blog. I loved the title, too! Congratulations to Cole! (and daddy, too!) BGD
congratulations, cole!!! i'll have to show sara frances when she gets home. :)
Congratulations Cole! I am so proud of you!!
Love, Aunt Jen
What an accomplishment! How wonderful that Cole has a positive role model in his instructor and is learning life lessons!
Way to go, COLE!!!! Love you!!!
Congratulations! I know he put in lots of hard work to get that belt! I know you are very proud!
Post a Comment