Sunday, October 19, 2008

We Bleed Crimson and White!

We were so excited on Game Day as we drove to Tuscaloosa. This was a big day for the Wilson family! Not only were we going to watch the Crimson Tide play football, we were playing our rival, Ole Miss. We have two tickets to each game. Now that the kids are older, Judd takes either C or MC with him. Every once in awhile, I get to go with him! Thanks to our FAVORITE Bama fan and fellow Tupeloan, Jo Mark, for giving us two extra tickets!

Growing up in Birmingham, I thought the biggest game of the year was the Iron Bowl- Bama versus Auburn. Now that we live in Tupelo, our focus has changed and it means so much more to us that we beat the Rebels and the Bulldogs. It sure makes going to church a lot easier on Sunday when we win!

We arrived pretty early so we could be there for the pep rally and to see the Million Dollar Band march into the stadium. We also saw Big Al, the cheerleaders, and the majorettes. We got to spend a minute with our cousin, Chelsea, who is one of the Crimsonettes. We also met a cheerleader before the parade. MC can't decide which one she wants to be, so she's keeping her options open! We grabbed Big Al, who was on the move in his car. I think we could have gone home at this point and the kids would have been happy! The game was more of a nail-biter than we had hoped it would be, but Judd reminded me that a W is still a win! We'll take it- Roll Tide!

Mary Conlee and Chelsea


Present and future Bama cheerleaders


Big Al and the kids


Ready to roll over the Rebels


Paying homage to legendary Coach Bear Bryant


Who could eat at a time like this?

2 comments:

JULIE said...

I was at the Alabama/ Ole Miss game, sitting amidst Alabama students. It was very hard for me... :)

I hate I didn't get to see your sweet family while I was there! and I LOVE Mrs. Mark! She was my teacher in high school..

Carley said...

A win's a win!!! Love them laid back in their Bama clothes!!!