My, how the yellow sundress has gotten shorter!
My turn as a mom

Gum Tree weekend and Mother's Day have always been the same weekend. We have never missed going to Gum Tree in the 12 years we have lived in Tupelo. However, we have missed a few trips home to see my mom! Thankfully, my parents have made many a trip over to Tupelo to see us. We aren't going to be spending this Mother's Day with my mom, but we will next weekend. Mom, I don't have to see you on Mother's Day to know that I have the best mother on the Earth. Thanks for all you mean to Judd, the kids, and me. We couldn't make it without you!
This year's Gum Tree got off to a rainy start. We waded through the puddles on Saturday morning to get to the kids' art corner, slides, and the art show. However, there is no other place I would have rather been! The kids have grown to love this weekend as much as I have.
Mary Conlee has been so cute about her Mother's Day surprises for me. Every day this week, she has come home from school hiding things in her backpack and in her pockets. She has quite a collection of things she is giving me for Mother's Day. Cole, however, informed me that he only made ONE Mother's Day card. This is to remind Mae Mae that she is NOT his Mommy, too. He tells her all the time that he only has one Mom and he doesn't plan on making 2 Mother's Days cards. So, I think his pile of things for me is much smaller than his sister's!
My mom still has some of the special crafts I made for her special day. A jewelry holder made from a small can decorated in burlap and felt still holds her rings and bracelets. I can't wait to see what my little ones have in store for my big day. Being a mom is the greatest job in the world!
The big slide is so much fun!
My turn
I'm the fastest!
Painting puzzle pieces at the Kids' Corner
Butterflies are my favorite
Paper flowers for Mom
Cole REALLY wanted this for his room. We settled for taking a picture of it!
MC is looking at fine art...Cole is digging up earthworms!
It's 5:00 somewhere! The kids come to Gum Tree JUST for the coconut drinks
We loved watching Maria and the "big girl ballerinas"

3 comments:
I love the picture of Cole and the earthworms & MC looking at art. That is amazing...
This morning was really fun! I'm so glad we're partnered up in that sweet class. I couldn't have picked a better person to work with, that's for sure!! Thank you for the encouragement. I'm really excited to keep you posted with all of the madness that is to come. :) haha. Happy Mother's Day, Mrs. Martha Ann!!! LOVE!
happy mother's day!!
I love the pictures of you and your Mom! That is so sweet. I forget sometimes how much Cole looks like you! Love the yellow sundress!!
--Crab
Post a Comment