Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Throwing Caution to the Wind

Well, the last time Judd left to go out of town for business, I booked a trip to Europe. I thought that would have taught him a lesson on not leaving town for a week. Today, Crab and I are exactly one week away from leaving! And now that Judd is in Dallas for a meeting, things are a little harem scarem around the house. Because I've been so focused on my trip, I may have let a few things slide right past me. I feel that the blog may be the best way to tell Judd what is going on at the homefront!

For starters, there's the incidence concerning the grounds. Many of you know how extremely particular Judd is with his yard. Notice I referred to it as "his." He painstakingly manicures it, cutting it in different directions each time for optimum growth. He reminds our guests not to drive on his grass as they are coming in and out of the driveway. He also reprimands those who unknowingly "walk" in the grass instead of using the sidewalk. While I was working on some of my packing yesterday, Cole came inside the house with an empty can of flourescent purple hair spray. I bought it on sale after Halloween, but I haven't found any use for it. Well, Cole decided to go out in our yard and spray all the "bad weeds," as he called them, flourescent purple. He also sprayed several ant beds. This was to keep Mary Conlee and me from getting near the bad stuff. What a sweet gesture from the current "man of the house!" I carried my camera with me as I went on tour with Cole to see his hard work. "Who are you going to send this to, Momma? Am I going to be in trouble with Daddy?" I assured him that all would be well with his Dad. I'm just hoping we get an afternoon rain shower or two before the REAL man of the house returns home!

The "bad weeds"
 

A closer look at what I did!
 

Spraying the perimeter of the road
 

ACHTUNG BABY!!!
 

Tonight, I took the kids to one of their favorite places to eat in Tupelo- Kyoto. We were so lucky to sit with a group of 7 ladies, who just happened to be members of the legendary Red Hat Society. Enough said. While we were waiting for our food to cook, Cole informed me that he wanted to try the Hibachi shrimp for dinner. Harmless, you may think. But I am HIGHLY allergic to shellfish and have kept my children a far distance from eating, touching, or even breathing the same air as the shrimp do! A few weeks ago, Cole tried one piece of popcorn shrimp and loved it. So, with Judd being out of town, tonight might not have been the best time for Cole to eat a plate of it. But God love him, he ate every bite and loved it! I'm not sure this was the best idea with Cole's graduation being tomorrow. I'm just glad we have three ER doctors who live a stone's throw from our house. I am putting all three of them on call tonight!

I don't know if I would eat that or not!


I don't know if I would wear that or not!


And speaking of graduation, we will definitely be missing Daddy tomorrow as we celebrate Cole's promotion to 3rd grade and to his new school. So hurry home, Judd. We are holding up the best we know how. Momma needs help getting ready for her trip to "Yerp," as Cole calls it. The yard may never be the same again. And furthermore, neither will the packing!

The kids donning their "Epidemic Preparedness Kit" items
 

1 comment:

JULIE said...

Cole has such a compassionate heart. That is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. :)